Code of conduct
Last updated September 26, 2023
The AI Fringe believes that AI conversations should be accessible and inclusive for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, and religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour at all AI Fringe events and associated activities.
We expect all participants in the AI Fringe and associated events (partners, event organisers, speakers, staff, attendees, and other guests) to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from unacceptable behaviour, including but not limited to:
- intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct of any kind;
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
All partners, event organisers, speakers and staff must also:
- Support inclusivity through thoughtful content, event design, and conduct.
- Ensure that event content in no way encourages harm to people or communities through the use of AI.
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour by an AI Fringe staff member is expected to comply immediately and AI Fringe staff may take any reasonable action they deem appropriate to ensure that the behaviour stops. That includes but is not limited to: expulsion from the conference without warning, reporting the incident to the police, and removing relevant content from the AI Fringe website.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behaviour at an AI Fringe event, please contact the Registration Desk (for events at the Hub) or reach out to the AI Fringe team at email@example.com.
We believe there’s immense value in being exposed to new viewpoints — including ones that challenge your way of viewing the world. The AI Fringe is a place for thought-provoking conversations, but we can’t have those conversations unless everyone feels safe and respected. Participants’ active support of this code of conduct will help create an environment that is welcoming for all.